Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New Journals on Etsy


I am excited about creating these journals. Two of them use the accordian spine technique which gives the journalist a chance to easily add signature sections (just glue them to the side of one of the Accordians) and I made the copper rings that bind them myself. This might be the start of something that I will thoroughly persue. I also created an envelope journal. The pages are glued to small cardstock hinges that are glued together so the page turning flow is smooth. I have a couple of them for my own use. I keep all of my clip art in one with about 20 envelopes double decker style, a great organizer. I also have one for reciepts for business expenses that has 12 envelopes labeled for each month. How handy that is at tax time and when searching for proof of purchase when returning things. I will be making more envelope journals as well.

3 comments:

Susie Jefferson said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and Following it. Another bookbinding fan, hooray!

Good luck with the Etsy shop.

Donnalda Does Art said...

thank you susie. I am so loving bookbinding right now.

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Journals are always fun--all sizes, shapes and mediums. :)